National Conference and AGM 2016
Our National Conference and Annual General Meetings (AGM) bring Amnesty members from around the UK in one place to inspire, motivate and make some of our most important decisions.
The 2016 National Conference and AGM was held at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, on April 9 and 10.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a weekend of truly inspiring workshops, discussions and talks.
What you decided
You also had your say on the work of Amnesty International UK. Here's what you voted on:
- AGM 2016 resolutions
- AGM 2016 decisions
- Breakdown of voting results
- AGM decisions implementation report
- AGM Chair: Alex Rhys (formerly Alex Pool)
- SOC: Anne McFarlane, Melvin Coleman and Sheila Banks
- Membership and Directors Appeals Committee: Maggie Towse, Barrie Hay and Reg Pyne
A weekend of activism and inspiration
We were delighted to be joined by Justine Ijeomah, a Nigerian human rights activist and long-term supporter of Moses Akatugba. Both days saw interactive stalls and clinics, workshops and talks to inspire, debate and challenge.
On the Saturday evening we heard from our keynote panel on the refugee crisis:
- Dr Natalie Roberts, Policy Advisor on Refugees and Migration in Europe at MSF
- Forward Maisokwadzo, Development Worker at City of Sanctuary
- Trevor Truman, Malvern Hills Amnesty group and the Asylum Justice Project
- Steve Symonds, Refugee and Migrants Rights Programme Director at Amnesty UK
Read the speeches by:
Photos from the AGM 2016
Want to get involved next time?
Our National Conference and AGM is an annual two-day event where Amnesty members from all over the UK come together to shape how we're run.
The AGM is for all members of Amnesty International UK. If you're not a member but want to come to an AGM, join Amnesty as a member today.
- Amnesty AGM and Conference Booklet 2016