Our Amnesty school speakers run free human rights workshops, lessons, assemblies or contribute to whole day events in your primary or secondary school.
No matter what subject area, an Amnesty speaker will bring it to life with gripping real-life stories and powerful films. Our trained speakers are available to deliver human rights workshops, assemblies or longer-term projects in your schools.
Book an Amnesty speaker
What Amnesty school speakers do
Our school speakers are skilled in engaging primary and secondary school audiences and can create sessions to suit your needs.
Topics include an introduction to human rights and our work, current national or global campaigns and subject-based focus on human rights, including:
- English/Literacy: Write an appeal letter and stand in solidarity with Individuals at Risk
- History: Learn how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights came into being after the Holocaust
- Music: Find out about freedom of expression through protest songs and poems written in prison
All sessions are delivered through:
- Small class workshops
- School assemblies
- Whole school human rights theme days
Based across the UK all our speaker have completed the Amnesty Speaker Training Programme and are DBS checked. We monitor and develop the speaker network based on teacher and speaker feedback.
Find out how to become an Amnesty speaker
What schools have to say
- 'Thought provoking and highly educational.'
- 'The children were animated and enthused.'
- 'An absolutely amazing speaker.’