Our network of volunteer country specialists work directly with researchers at our International Secretariat to ensure that Amnesty UK is engaged and informed of human rights developments all across the world.
We call these volunteers Country Coordinators, and together they make up the Country Coordinator Forum.
There are approximately 50 Country Coordinators, and they are divided into 13 Regional Teams, headed up by a regional team coordinator.
Local groups can opt-in to work on one or more of these 13 regions and are then supported directly by their regional team of coordinators.
- North America - Sue Bingham
- Central America - Tilly Lavenas
- South America - Richard Crosfield
- Europe - Ulrike Schmidt
- Former Soviet Union - Barrie Hay
- China & East Asia - Kenny Latunde-Dada
- South East Asia - James Lovatt
- South Asia - Jerry Allen
- Middle East & Gulf - Paul Dawson
- North Africa - Beverley Foulkes-Jones
- West & Central Africa - Ellis Brooks
- Horn & East Africa - Beatrice Mahoney
- Southern Africa - Susan Kurr
To ensure that the 13 regional teams can share and develop best practice, the regional coordinators sit on the Coordinators Steering Committee. When it gets together at our Annual General Meeting, the Country Coordinators Forum also elects a Chair and Vice-Chair to this Committee, as well as a representative to the Activism Sub Committee of the Board.
- Chair - Jerry Allen
- Vice Chair - Susan Kurr
- ASC Rep - Rona Hardie
Getting in Touch
We recruit for new Country Coordinators twice a year, ahead of the AGM and ahead of the Country Coordinator conference at the end of the year.
Keep an eye on www.amnesty.org.uk/jobs/activism to find vacancies when we are recruiting.