Lake District Challenge 2020
New for 2020 - join the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside at your pace. Test yourself on a fantastic Ultra Challenge - suitable for all experience levels - and you'll get the best support and hospitality all the way.
Our Challenge Base Camp is in Kendal. From there it's a 100km anticlockwise loop taking in a couple of tough hills, Ambleside, a half way point by Lake Windermere, forests, and nature reserves - with some stunning views en route - before a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp after a momentous journey.
With Half and Quarter distance options also available - there's a challenge here for everyone! So sign up today, either as an individual or in a team and prepare for a beautiful experience that you’ll never forget!
Date: 13th/14th June 2020
Distance: Choose from 25km, 50km or 100km
Location: Kendal - Windermere Loop
Minimum age: 14-17 with an adult (25km), 18 (50km or 100km)
Registration fee: £5 (25km), £10 (50km) or £15 (100km)
Minimum fundraising target: £245 (25km), £395 (50km) and £595 (100km)
- Charity Sponsorship (detailed above) – low registration fee supplemented by your fundraising efforts, charity charged for the place – Sign up to the Lake District Challenge Charity Sponsorship Option
- Mixed Funding – lower fundraising target and you pay half the event cost (chosen charity pays other half) – Sign up to the Lake District Challenge Mixed Funding Option
- Self Funding – you pay for your place and fundraise whatever you want with no targets, deadlines or cost to the charity – Sign up to the Lake District Challenge Self Funding Option
What you'll get
Take on the Challenge with Team Amnesty and we'll give you:
- Fundraising pack with tons of ideas to help you reach your target
- Team Amnesty t-shirt to train in and wear on the day
- Amnesty materials on request
- Support from the friendly community fundraising team
- Rest stops with free food & drink
- 2 Day Full 'Daylight' option
- Fully signed route
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Camping options available
- Training guides & apps to help you prepare
Please note these events are organised by Action Challenge. Participants raising funds for Amnesty International UK will be joined by others, raising money for different charities. Find out more on the Action Challenge website.
Got any questions?
Check out the Lake District Event Factsheet or get in touch:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call – 020 7033 1646