Fundraising at your university
Our student groups are some of the most creative and inspiring fundraisers we have! Whatever your group decides to do to raise money for Amnesty International UK, our community fundraising team is on hand to help.
Fundraising is vital to our success. The vast majority of our funding comes from small gifts from individuals so anything you can contribute helps – without the support of our members, we wouldn’t be able to carry out human rights work across the world. Unlike many other charities, we don't get significant support from businesses and we only take government money for our human rights education work. This ensures we maintain our independence and answer to no one other than our members.
Our fundraising guides will help make your event a success.
Planning and promoting your event
How to fundraise online
How to making the most of your email and social media contacts and using the free digital platforms out there to help you.
How to plan your event (PDF)
Our guide to have to plan your fundraising events.
How to publicise your event (PDF)
Tried and tested publicity tips for before, during and after your event.
Types of fundraising events
How to plan a Secret Policeman's Ball (PDF)
Everything you need to know put on your own Secret Policeman's Ball.
How to plan a bake sale (PDF)
From a small one-off cake stall to a fancy tea party, bake sales are bound to be a success because everyone loves cake.
How to plan a pub quiz (PDF)
Pub quizzes are a great way to spend an evening with friends having a few drinks and raising money for a good cause.
Human Rights pub quiz
Pub quiz questions, answers and score sheet.
How to plan a fashion show (PDF)
Everything you need to know to organise a fabulous fashion show fundraiser.
How to plan your Jamnesty event
A live music Jamnesty event is a great way to raise money and make a noise about our work.
What to do with the money you raise
- Student Group/University fundraising guidelines
- Start planning as far in advance as possible and give everyone involved a job and a deadline
- Order fundraising resources - we've got stickers, collecting tins and more
- Keep costs low - make the most of everyone's contacts (you might be amazed at what you can get for free!)
- Publicity - get as much as you can
- Find our how to fundraise online
After the event
- Don't forget to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who helped and tell them how much you raised
- Here's how to send us the money you raise
- Let us know how you get on - your event could feature on our next blog or as tips on this page, just email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any help or advice along the way contact us:
Email email@example.com or call 0207 033 1650.