Fundraising at your university
Get resources and advice, try our top tips and find out how to win prizes for your group's fantastic fundraising.
Fundraising is vital to our success. We get the vast majority of its funding as small gifts from individuals so everything helps. Whether you’re planning a pub quiz in your local or a fundraising gig in the centre of town we’re here to help you succeed.
Our fundraising guides will help make your event a success.
Planning and promoting your event
How to fundraise online
How to making the most of your email and social media contacts and using the free digital platforms out there to help you.
How to plan your event (PDF)
Our guide to have to plan your fundraising events.
How to publicise your event (PDF)
Tried and tested publicity tips for before, during and after your event.
Types of fundraising events
How to plan a Secret Policeman's Ball (PDF)
Everything you need to know put on your own Secret Policeman's Ball.
How to plan a bake sale (PDF)
From a small one-off cake stall to a fancy tea party, bake sales are bound to be a success because everyone loves cake.
How to plan a pub quiz (PDF)
Pub quizzes are a great way to spend an evening with friends having a few drinks and raising money for a good cause.
Human Rights pub quiz
Pub quiz questions, answers and score sheet.
How to plan a fashion show (PDF)
Everything you need to know to organise a fabulous fashion show fundraiser.
How to plan your Jamnesty event
A live music Jamnesty event is a great way to raise money and make a noise about our work.
What to do with the money you raise
- Download a free Student Guide To Fundraising With Amnesty (PDF)
- Download a Guide To Fundraising Safely and Legally (PDF)
- Start planning as far in advance as possible and give everyone involved a job and a deadline
- Order fundraising resources - we've got stickers, collecting tins and more
- Keep costs low - make the most of everyone's contacts (you might be amazed at what you can get for free!)
- Publicity - get as much as you can
- Find our how to fundraise online
After the event
- Don't forget to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who helped and tell them how much you raised
- Here's how to send us the money you raise
- Let us know how you get on - your event could feature on our next blog or as tips on this page, just email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any help or advice along the way contact us:
Email email@example.com or call 0207 033 1650.