Elections for the LGBTI Network Committee 2019-2021
Our LGBTI Network Committee is now made up of eight elected members, who each serve voluntarily for two consecutive years.
This year, 2 seats are up for election. This will take place on 28 October 2018 at the Thematic Networks Conference.
Conditions for nominees
Candidates must be an individual member and a member of the LGBTI Network at the time of the nomination. Candidates are also expected to attend the thematic networks ("Rights at Risk") conference.
How to stand for election
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on 23 October 2018
The network committees are responsible for leading much of Amnesty UK's work in their areas, and manage many of our relationships with other individuals and organisations. This is a responsible post that we estimate will take between 5 and 8 hours a week (though this will be more sometimes and less at others).
Roles and responsibilities
- To be committed to the mission and aims of Amnesty International UK section (AIUK) or global movement where applicable, and to promoting and defending the human rights of LGBTI people.
- To be an active member of the LGBTI Network committee and to attend all committee meetings (minimum of 4 meetings a year) and AIUK’s AGM, wherever possible.
- To seek to engage more activists and supporters of Amnesty in promoting and defending human rights of LGBTI people and others and, where relevant, to develop their abilities in a variety of ways.
- To work collaboratively with other committee members and AIUK staff to deliver campaigns, communications and events to promote Human Rights for LGBTI people, leading on one or more areas of this work as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of the LGBTI Network’s annual plans and objectives and to the establishment of measurable targets.
- To comply with AIUK activist code of conduct.
- To comply with AIUK codes of practice wherever possible, unless otherwise stated.