6 inspiring human rights quotes
Credit: Jurgen Schadeberg www.jurgenschadeberg.com
1. “To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.”
Nelson Mandela, South African civil rights activist
Credit: Amnesty International Norway
2. "It means a great deal to those who are oppressed to know that they are not alone. Never let anyone tell you that what you are doing is insignificant."
Desmond Tutu, South African civil rights activist
Credit: Getty Images
3. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
Martin Luther King, African-American civil rights activist
Credit: Amnesty International / Ilya van Marle
4. "Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free."
14th Dalai Lama
Credit: Amnesty International
5. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.”
Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani education activist
Credit: Cover/Getty Images
6. “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.”
Bob Marley, Jamaican singer
Our blogs are written by Amnesty International staff, volunteers and other interested individuals, to encourage debate around human rights issues. They do not necessarily represent the views of Amnesty International.