Write For Rights 2020: Get started
Every year, we run Write For Rights, a campaign over November and December where we encourage you to write messages of support to people around the world who have suffered injustice, and show you how to support their campaigns for justice.
We run this campaign every year because we know it works.
Where to start?
There are various ways to support the campaign. You're in the right place to get started!
Get the campaign booklet
First things first: meet the people featured in this year's campaign. If you look at nothing else, you need to download our campaign booklet!
It introduces you to each case and sets out how you can write to them, and how to write to the authorities on their behalf. This is your golden resource for Write For Rights.
Three ways to join in Write For Rights
1. Write an appeal letter
In a world of petitions, physical post does get noticed! As well as writing to the people suffering human rights abuses, we also ask you to write to the authorities who can bring them justice.
All the details of how to write to authorities are in our campaign booklet.
You can download pre-printed ‘appeal’ address labels to make it easier to send multiple letters.
You can also take action online for our UK focus cases.
2. Write a message of solidarity
This is where Write For Rights began: writing to people who are wrongly punished, to show them that they’re not alone.
Order this year's booklet to find everything you need to learn about someone’s case and write and post them a letter. You can download address labels and a PDF of the campaign to download below.
3. Hold an event
Due to the current health issue, we are advising against holding physical events.
This doesn't meant Write for Rights has to go eventless this year!
Online events have been playing a big part in out lives this year, from Zoom drinks to online family quizzes. Hold an onlin event and invite your family and friends to take action for individuals at risk.
See our tips for putting together a successful Write for Rights online event,
Rather stay online?
If writing letters isn't for you, you can also take action online.
Tell us how we did
Finding out how many people took part in the campaign and on which cases, shows us whether our tactics are working or need to be adapted. It also enables us to provide updates about an individual's changing circumstances.
Please download the online form below and return it to us at email@example.com
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the campaign or the people featured in it, please get in touch.
Phone: 020 7033 1777
- Write for Rights 2020 Campaign Booklet
- Write for Rights 2020 FAQs
- Feedback Form
- Appeal address labels_Algeria
- Appeal address labels_Burundi.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Colombia.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Malta.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Myanmar.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Pakistan.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Saudi Arabia.pdf
- Appeal address labels_South Africa.pdf
- Appeal address labels_Turkey.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Algeria.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Burundi.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Colombia.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Malta.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Myanmar.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Pakistan.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Saudi Arabia.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_South Africa.pdf
- Solidarity address labels_Turkey.pdf
- W4R pics for events.pdf
- Write for Rights Fundraising Ideas.pdf