We can confirm we will be meeting, both online and in person, on Monday, 4 December at 7.30pm at the Methodist Church in Woking. Please contact one of the co-chairs if you need the online details.
The main focus of Monday's meeting will be to focus on Amnesty's Write for Rights Campaign where we sign letters to government officials and write cards to various individuals at risk (nominated by Amnesty). Feel free to add a few others too if you want .. the more, the better! A few items to note:
- Monica has 4 packs of Write for Rights campaign material which she will bring, along with some letters to government officials.
- There will be blank cards for us to sign.
- As is normal, please bring festive nibbles, non-alcohol drinks, cups and napkins...
- Having had confirmation that a few more of the extended members are looking to come, plus others will be dropping off some signed cards from the church.. I think we will have a very positive number of signed cards/letters at the end of the session.
- Importantly, we will be located in the cabin at the back of the church (not in our normal room)... so come round the back instead if you are coming face to face.
Although we have had set backs with some of the events, it's great we are still progressing as a group and we can start to plan afresh our activities for 2024 at the January session on the 8th.