December 2019. Minutes
Truro and District Amnesty International Group
Minutes of Meeting held on 11 December 2019
Present: Margaret George; Georgie Wong; Karen Cooper; Chris Ramsey
Apologies: Hetty Tye; Wailim Wong; Linnea Glynne-Rule; Melissa Ward
- Matters arising from minutes of November meeting
- stall on 7 December did not go ahead due to logistical problems
- start time for future meetings to be discussed next year
- Correspondence and AI UK Monthly Update
- Margaret received a letter from The Foreign and Commonwealth Office regarding the murder of Julian Carrillo, a Mexican environment activist whose case we highlighted at One World Week in Truro Cathedral. The F.O. condemns the murder and is working with the Mexican government to support humans rights etc
- Monthly Action included an email action on Yemen. Margaret has responded to this.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Balance on our account on 1 Dec was £545.93 – this does not include the rent cheque for £125 (Dec – end April)
- cheque for annual Affiliation fee of £75 signed
- we have received regulations from Methodist Church regarding room hire. Chris to complete a risk assessment.
- newsletter emailed in November to members
Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Chris gave an update which will be sent out separately
- Future Events
- rota has been drawn up for 14 Dec street stall. Chris to bank money and send cards
- Pub quiz – to be discussed in new year.
Next Meeting: Wed 8th January 2020, 18.30