Truro and Falmouth Amnesty International Group
Minutes of the AGM held 9 September, 2015
- Present: Georgie Wong, Hetty Tye, Karen Cooper, Linnea Glynne-Rule, Wailim Wong, Megan Bridgeland, Shirley Sweeney, Rosy Bott
Apologies : Margaret George, Chris Ramsey, Lucky Kaur
- Minutes of the AGM held on 10 Sept 2014:
It was agreed that these were a true record.
- Election of Officers for 2014:
- Chair Wailim Wong
- Secretary Margaret George
- Treasurer Linnea Glynne-Rule
- Digital media Karen Cooper
- Membership Secretary Chris Ramsey
- Stalls / Collections Organiser Georgie Wong
- Casework coordinators;
North Africa: Linnea Glynne-Rule, Hetty Tye
Central America: Georgie Wong
Stop Torture: Wailim Wong
Israel and Occupied Palestinian territory: Chris Ramsey
- Cathedral information Robin Sellwood
- Financial Report: Linnea submitted the attached report.
We currently have £1450.91 in the account but still need to pay rent for the year, annual affiliation fee, Christmas cards and check if we have been invoiced for the feather flag. More fund raising needs to be done, eg have a stall in the Flea Market. This will be discussed at future meetings.
- Treasurer’s Report
Amnesty uses the calendar year as the financial year so that our final accounts for 2015 will be available for the February 2016 meeting. The current balance at the bank is £1415.93 which is slightly above the balance of £1378.10 for this time last year.
For the interest of members the balance is generally between £900.00 and £1200.00 – the largest balance was at September 1st 2015 of £1415.93 and the lowest was £1174.49 at the beginning of May. The group has again sent a total of £500.00 to AIUK this year. My own view is the group should continue this amount each year and if possible increase it slightly.
The subscription was raised to £7.50 at the last AGM and no further increase is proposed at present, Increasingly members are paying the £7.50. It might be useful to contact those still paying the £5.00
There is currently sufficient funding for public events. However it would be useful if members could think about other ideas for fund raising.
Linnea Glynne-Rule, Hon Treasurer