May 2013 Newsletter and Monthly Appeal Letter: Belarus
You can find out the latest news for the Bromley and Orpington Group by downloading the May Newsletter from below.
The newsletter includes:
- Kate Allen's (Director of Amnesty UK) visit to the Group in April.
- Details about our Annual Day of Action in the Centre of Bromley (Churchill Theatre Forecourt) on Saturday 11 May - this year in support of Women's Rights in Zimbabwe.
- Arms Trade Treaty agreed!
- Our monthly appeal letter - this month to the Belarus President about Zmitser Dashkevich and his fellow activits from 'Young Front' who were imprisoned on what is believed to be fabricated charges due to their peaceful defence of Human Rights. Please download the letter from below then address, sign and post the letter (it will cost 87p to post).
- Death Penalty statistics for 2012
- Urgent Action turns 40 years old - Join the Network (the link can be found on this page) and read the Anniversary Flyer from below to see how you can make a difference
- Speaker at the 14 May meeting is Ros Topley talking on Human Rights in Central Africa - all are welcome to attend.
The next Group meetings will be on: Tuesday 14 May, Tuesday 11 June and Tuesday 9 July all at 7.30pm
Details of where the meetings are held can be found by looking under About this Group (on the right hand side of our front page). All are very welcome to attend the meetings.