March 2013 Newsletter, Notice of AGM and Monthly Appeal Letter: The Philippines
You can find out the latest news for the Bromley and Orpington Group by downloading the March Newsletter from below.
The newsletter includes:
- Notice of the Bromley and Orpington Group AGM on 12 March at 7.30pm - for more details download the full notice from below.
- Our monthly appeal letter - this month to The Philippines authorities about Darius Evangelista who was last seen in March 2010 when he was arrested for theft. Since then video footage emerged of him being beaten by Police in August 2010, and then his body was found. The letter calls for action against all the Officers involved. Please download the letter below then address, sign and post the letter (it will cost 87p to post).
- Update on the Amnesty UK Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) held in January 2013. The EGM has resulted in a halt to the planned job losses while new proposals are put to the UK AGM in April 2013.
- The latest news on Amnesty's campaigns for the Arm Trade Treaty and for a peaceful Zimbubwe election.
- Update on fundraising activities: over £1,200 raised from the February Jazz Concert; and nearly £1,000 from the Sevenoaks Sponsored Walk.
- Mary Hla from Burma Campaign will be the Guest Speaker at the 9 April Group meeting.
- The Annual Bromley and Orpington Group's Day of Action will be on Saturday 11 May (outside the Churchill Theatre/Bromley Library in the Centre of Bromley). This year's theme will be: Individuals at Risk
The next Group meetings will be on: Tuesday 12 March (AGM) and Tuesday 9 April all at 7.30pm
Details of where the meetings are held can be found by looking under About this Group (on the right hand side of our front page). All are very welcome to attend the meetings.
- AI Bromley & Orpington Newsletter - March 2013
- AI Bromley and Orpington - AGM Notice - 12 March 2013
- March 2013 Monthly Appeal Letter - Darius Evangelista