SMS terms and conditions
These are the rules that govern our SMS communications with you, how we communicate with you, how much it will cost and how you can opt-out.
- By texting you are giving us your number and agreeing to future communication from us by SMS.
- SMS messages to 70505 and other non-premium shortcodes are charged at standard network rate, up to a maximum of 10p per message. Please note, on most phone packages, these texts are not covered by inclusive message allowances or bundles, and as such will be billed separately.
- We will always be clear if we are asking for a donation by text. If you respond to an SMS message asking for a donation, you will be charged the donation amount stated, plus the cost of one standard message, as laid out in (2). Amnesty will receive 100% of your donation.
- You will not be charged for SMS messages you receive from Amnesty UK.
- Pocket Protest is only available within the mobile network of the UK. If you are replying to messages outside of the UK, you may get charged by the local service provider and Amnesty will not receive details of any actions you have taken.
- You must be aged 14 or over to join the SMS network. Under 18's, please ask the bill-payer's permission before joining and provide a date of birth in the format: DD/MM/YYYY. Under 18's will not be asked for financial donations.
- If you respond to an SMS action after the deadline for hand-in, your name may not be added to our petition or co-signed letter, however, it will be held on our database.
- SMS service provided by instaGiv. instagiv is a trading name of Txt2give Limited, registered under Company No.NI073911
- From time to time we would like to call you about getting more involved in our work. Text NOCALL to 70505 if you would prefer not to be called.
- You can unsubscribe from SMS updates from Amnesty at any time by texting STOP to 70505. Please note: this will be charged at your standard network rate. To unsubscribe with no fee please email email@example.com or call 020 7033 1777.
If you have any questions about these rules or would like further information please contact our Supporter Care Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7033 1777.