UK: Amnesty's ethical Christmas catalogue out now
A large selection of ethical and eco-gifts for every occasion
‘Choosing a gift from Amnesty means you're not just giving a present - you're helping to support vital human rights causes around the world’- Sacha Deshmukh
Amnesty International UK’s Christmas Catalogue is out now, filled with hundreds of fun, fair trade, eco-friendly and ethically-sourced gifts and everyday items.
Featuring Amnesty’s Frida Kahlo accessories, as well as unique jewellery, clothing, chocolate and more, the 68-page catalogue is filled with all the gift ideas you need, whatever the occasion or taste.
Many items featured in the catalogue – including Amnesty’s beautiful Christmas range of seasonal cards, gift wrap and decorations – are from sustainable, eco-friendly manufacturers to make sure purchases not only benefit the people who make them, but also support the environment and Amnesty’s vital human rights work.
This year’s catalogue has a focus on refugees highlighting their hopes and challenges, such as our lifeboat candles, made from recycled candles which have been created as a powerful reminder of our need to shine a light on the perilous journey taken by people seeking asylum, and our new refugee art collection - a special new range of greeting cards that beautifully captures the passions and talents of artists from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Some of the more unusual gifts include a range of accessories for the cycling enthusiast, such as a bottle rack and opener made from recycled bike chains, bath ‘noodles’ to spice up your bath, radical playing cards and tea towels, and a cheese making kit.
This year, there’s even a virtual gift which is ideal for the person who has everything or if you’ve left buying a present a bit late or just don’t know what to get – it’s an ideal way to achieve the maximum impact with minimum fuss.
Sacha Deshmukh, Amnesty International UK’s Chief Executive, said:
“In solidarity with refugees, this year’s Christmas catalogue features a range of items that highlight the experiences of those fleeing conflict and persecution and are seeking asylum.
“With a range of sustainably and ethically sourced products, every item in Amnesty’s shop contributes to our work fighting human rights abuses.
“Choosing a gift from Amnesty means you're not just giving a present - you're helping to support vital human rights causes around the world."
More highlights from the 2023 catalogue include:
- Frida Collection: A colourful selection of coasters, notebook and magnetic to do list featuring the inspirational Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
- Amnesty Delicious Dissent chocolate: Made using cocoa sourced from Cocoa Horizons, whose purpose is to drive cocoa farmer prosperity by creating self-sustaining communities that protect nature and children.
- Spice it up: This 12 bottle-spice set and a recipe book that will add flavour to your cooking while also supporting Dalit people in India.
- Palestinian olive oil soap: Keep your skin soft with these hand-crafted, natural scented soaps made traditionally by a family run business in Nablus.
- Amnesty pendant: Hand cut brass with tassels carefully made by hand, this pendant designed in the UK and ethically handmade in Peru makes an ideal gift.
- Eco-wallet: Crafted using sustainably sourced natural cork and recycled plastics, this Beach Clean Eco Card Wallet makes an exquisite clean, green present.
- Cuddly toys made from recycled plastic bottles, these soft toys make ideal gifts while helping to protect the environment.
- Protest!: This hardback book tells the story of protest and how it changed our society, from 1170 BCE, when workers on the pyramids in Egypt went on strike, to the present day’s climate change protests.
- Hedgehog highway: A simple way to connect your garden to others giving hedgehogs the space they need to live and thrive.
Products can be purchased online, by phone or by post. Free packaging and posting is available on all orders over £75.
For more information, please visit: https://amnestyshop.org.uk/