Volunteer Media Evaluation Assistants
- Human Rights Action Centre, London, EC2A 3EA
- Hours per week
- 2 days
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, travel expenses only
- Closing date
- Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 12:00
- Interview date
- Contact email
The Media Unit deals with all press enquiries and crafts responses to breaking human rights issues. The Unit also helps support and promote Amnesty International UK’s campaigning, human rights education work and plays a key role in helping the organisation reach its growth targets.
Working closely with the head of Media, PR and Supporter Communications, and the Media and PR Manager (News), this volunteer role will help improve and evaluate the effectiveness of our coverage.
About the role
As a volunteer you will:
- Help to evaluate all Amnesty broadcast coverage daily
- Help to create news calendar items for internal use, including liaising with other teams and the director’s PA
- Help create a monthly analytic report on the media team’s Amnesty’s Twitter feed
- Assist with running google analytics on our media work and report monthly
- Monitor bounce backs from emails
- Update contact lists
- Help create ‘hot topic’ contact lists
- Help to maintain media coverage tables
- Help to create ‘coverage book’ for all major stories
- Support the team prepare entries to various press and PR awards
- General administrative tasks when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel database management skills
- High standard of written English
- Good telephone manner
- Experience of working in a media team/environment
- Experience of Twitter and using google analytics
Apply for this role
Please read the task form at the bottom of this page, and complete the application form below if interested.
Email completed application forms to email@example.com before midday on 25 April 2018.
Interviews date TBC.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please note that to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work/ volunteer in the UK.