Country Coordinator - South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland & Zambia
- Home based, but with some travel to meetings across the UK
- Hours per week
- 5-7 hours average
- Salary details
- Voluntary – expenses paid
- Closing date
- Sunday 29 July 2018 at 17:00
- Interview date
- Various available
- Contact email
We are currently seeking an excellent individual to spearhead our activist-led campaigning on South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland & Zambia in our Southern Africa Country Coordinator team.
As part of our Country Coordinator forum, you will work in your regional team to involve activists from across the UK to deliver real human rights change.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in Amnesty International’s work. Country Coordinators deliver campaigning on Amnesty UK’s portfolio of Individuals at Risk cases along with thematic projects and country campaigning relating to their geographical region.
- Managing relationships with staff at Amnesty UK and the appropriate
- Managing relationships with staff at Amnesty's International Secretariat country team
- Reading reports
- Keeping apprised of current events and our work
- Briefing local groups and activists across the UK
- Designing and delivering campaigns on your region
A passionate advocate for human rights, you have a demonstrable commitment to the goals and objectives of Amnesty International. You are an excellent communicator with an eye for detail and a strong sense of responsibility.
While the Country Coordinator role requires independent activity, the role will be best suited to individuals who are keen to be part of developing a community of Country Coordinators.
Conditions of appointment
- You must be, or be willing to become, an individual member of Amnesty UK
- Country Coordinator posts require a minimum 2 year commitment due to the complex nature of the role
Apply for this role
- Country Coordinator Role Descripton