AGM Chair 2024
- Salary details
- Contact email
VOLUNTARY AGM CHAIR
(elected position June 2024-June 2025)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To serve as the elected Chair of the AGM and National Conference for the AIUK Section. To maintain orderly business and debate at the AGM.
1. Chair AGM planning and review meetings, held between October and July in London Human Rights Action Centre (HRAC)
2. Chair the AGM
3. Maintain order and debate during the AGM business
4. Advise the Board and Amnesty members on AGM business (resolutions)
5. If Working Parties are required, appoint Working Party Chairs and Secretaries ahead of the AGM and assist the Standing Orders Committee (SOC) in advising and supporting Working Party Chairs (potentially acting as a Working Party rules adviser if necessary).
NATURE OF THE ROLE:
- The position is a voluntary one. AGM expenses and travel will be paid.
- The post is elected for one year (until the next AGM), where the role will be up for re-election.
- One may serve as AGM Chair for a maximum of three consecutive years.
- The AGM Chair is supported by the Standing Orders Committee. It is vital you have experience of Amnesty AGMs.
- If any EGMs are called the AGM Chair will chair these as well.
If you are interested in playing a vital role in the UK Section’s democracy, the role description and nomination form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. The deadline for nominations is 8pm on 12 April 2024.