Meeting and protests cancelled
We are very sorry to inform you that our next meeting and the protest for Ahmed Mansoor are cancelled because of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Here are a few words from our Chairman Robert:
"It is with a genuine sense of regret that,following advice from both the Government and Amnesty International U K, I have decided to cancel our group meeting and the demonstration on behalf of Ahmed Mansoor at the U A E embassy scheduled for March 25th.
Looking ahead, I hope our group will be able to meet again within the next couple of months; however I am sure you will appreciate that it is not possible to judge just how long the lock-down, over a wide range of activities, will continue.
On a positive note, there are NO restrictions on our work for Human Rights across social media accounts."
As mentioned by Robert you can still campaign for human rights using social media. Here are links to the accounts of the group, if you are interested in seeing what we are doing or if you want to follow us with your private accounts:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmnestyWB
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amnestywestminster/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amnesty_westminster/
There are two links about other human rights activities in times of Coronovirus which we want to share with you:
- Amnesty International published an article "6 things to do while at home during COVID-19 pandemic". https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2020/03/what-to-do-at-home-during-covid-19-pandemic/
- Also Amnesty International offers a considerable number of free online human rights courses. Here is a link, if you are interested: https://academy.amnesty.org/learn?fbclid=IwAR14CIJhK9bahcpp4fUtf9KYZ0Oo3uHlTcDQ-HbqkA4_xJPXs-HuCUfidBo
Take care, stay healthy and stay active for human rights and we will keep you posted when we will again meet in person. If you have any questions, then please contact us.