About this group
Our local group is based in West Somerset, drawing around 40 members from Minehead and the surrounding villages. Some regularly attend our monthly meetings; others keep in touch by post and email.
New members are always welcome!
We aim to:
- raise local awareness of Amnesty's world-wide work for human rights
- send appeals to overseas governments on behalf of individual prisoners of conscience
- support AIUK's current campaigns
- fundraise in support of Amnesty International's activities
- increase our knowledge of human rights issues
- monthly on the second Thursday at 7.30 pm in the Quaker Meeting House, Bancks Street, Minehead
- we do not meet in August or December but we usually have a social event in those months instead!