About this group
Our local group is based in West Somerset, drawing around 40 supporters from Minehead and the surrounding villages. Some regularly attend our meetings and events; others keep in touch by post and email.
New members are always welcome!
We aim to:
- raise local awareness of Amnesty's world-wide work for human rights
- send appeals to overseas governments on behalf of individual prisoners of conscience
- support AIUK's current campaigns
- fundraise in support of Amnesty International's activities
- increase our knowledge of human rights issues
- once a month for an event, meeting or planning get-together
- most of our events and meetings take place in the Quaker Meeting House, Bancks Street, Minehead
- we do not meet in August or December but we usually have a social event around those times instead
- for details of our forthcoming events please see the list of Diary Dates in our latest newsletter