About this group
If you care about human rights, there is an active Amnesty International (AI) group in Haywards Heath and you can be involved. The Haywards Heath AI Group is a friendly and lively group committed to the promotion of human rights as part of Amnesty International UK (AIUK). We meet on the first Tuesday evening of every month.
Our objectives are to:
- Support the vital work of AIUK in combating all human rights abuses.
- Promote universal respect for human rights.
- Raise local awareness of human rights abuses across the world.
- Raise funds for AIUK.
Current activities include:
- Calling for the protection of human rights and writing letters to authorities worldwide.
- Promoting Amnesty at Town Day (Victoria Park) and at Spring Festival (Muster Green).
- Making links with local schools and faith groups.
- Entering a swim team into the Easter Swimarathon (Dolphin Leisure Centre).
- Collecting at Sainsburys.
- Christmas carol singing at the station.