AI Portobello and activities in 2012
Membership at January 2012 - active 11, non-active 3
Membership at January 2013 - active 12, non-actibe 3
Average numbers at meetings: 6
Fundraising: Coffee Morning and Can Collection.
Letter-writing Group: 7 sessions and 79 letters written. 7 people participated. Average number:3.
AI Market Stall at local market: 5 stalls and 7 members participated.
Issues of Monthly Actions included: WOZA (Zimbabwe), South Arabia (Women's Roghts), Sri Lanka, Olympics Sponsorship, Japan (Death Penalty), Domestic Migrants, Justice and Security Bill, Asylum Seekers.
- Involment in Human Rights Festival (Edinburgh): involved in planning and welcoming visitors at the door on the day.
- Portobello Library display featuring forced evictions.
- Individuals at Risk. Support of Ferhat Gercek by sending cards and letters, with a high focus on his 5 years waiting on justice.
- Communication with politicians: On forced Removals of Asylum Seekers, Financial Support of Asylum Seekers, Drones, Justice and Security Bill, Arms Control Treaty.
- AMNESTY Cost and Priorities Programme; Group representation at Regional Meeting.
Greetings' Cards campaign: 4 members presented to 3 classes at the High School, Street Stall for Human Rights Day and Church Stall. Result: 153 cards sent to 3 cases suggested. 3 cards ro Ferhat Gercek. 10 appeals sent on behalf of these and other cases.