July 2013 Newsletter and Monthly Appeal Letter: Kyrgyzstan
You can find out the latest news for the Bromley and Orpington Group by downloading the July Newsletter from below.
The newsletter includes:
- Speaker at the 9 July meeting: Peter Eagle, Amnesty UK Business Group on "Business and Human Rights" - HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY;
- Update on the AI UK restructure;
- Our monthly appeal letter - this month Kyrgyzstan. The letter is to the Prosecutor General about Dilmurat Khaidarov who has been held without due legal process since June 2010 and it is alleged that he has been tortured to extract a confession of murder. Please download the letter from below then address, sign and post the letter (it will cost 87p to post);
- The proposed changes to the Florida Death Penalty which Amnesty opposes;
- Information about the Amnesty Stall at the Cudham Fair on Bank Holiday Monday 26 August from 12pm at the Recreation Ground, Cudham Lane, Cudham;
- 10th September meeting speaker is Mary Hla to talk about Burma.
The next Group meetings will be on: Tuesday 9 July, 13 August and Tuesday 10 September all at 7.30pm
Details of where the meetings are held can be found by looking under About this Group (on the right hand side of our front page). All are very welcome to attend the meetings.