April 2013 Newsletter and Monthly Appeal Letter: Brazil
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BURMA TALK WILL NOT TAKE PLACE AT THE 9 APRIL MEETING AS KATE ALLEN, DIRECTOR OF AIUK WILL BE ATTENDING TO TALK TO THE GROUP.
You can find out the latest news for the Bromley and Orpington Group by downloading the April Newsletter from below.
The newsletter includes:
- Report on Bromley and Orpington members taking part in the protests for Women's Rights at the Zimbabwe High Commission on 16 February
- Our monthly appeal letter - this month to Brazilian authorities to call for protection for Alexandre Anderson de Souza who has received 6 assasination attempts in 3 years due to his envrionmental campaigning. Please download the letter from below then address, sign and post the letter (it will cost 87p to post).
- Our Annual Day of Action in the Centre of Bromley on Saturday 11 May - this year in support of Women's Rights in Zimbabwe and Afghanistan.
- Information about journalists at risk reporting in countries such as: Syria; Somalia; and Pakistan.
- The current situation for Girls' and Women's Rights in Afghanistan.
- Update on the campaign for Hakamado Iwao in Japan.
The next Group meetings will be on: Tuesday 9 April and Tuesday 14 May all at 7.30pm
Details of where the meetings are held can be found by looking under About this Group (on the right hand side of our front page). All are very welcome to attend the meetings.