South East Regional Conference 2016
Amnesty staff and volunteers hold a range of conferences around the UK across the year, offering a great way to meet other active supporters, share your interests and passion for human rights, and to learn more about Amnesty's campaigning work.
The South East Regional conference this year is hosted by the Lewes group.
This is a great opportunity to hear interesting and engaging speakers and be involved in stimulating workshops. This year's agenda includes:
- Keynote address by Stephen Bowen (Director of British Institute of Human Rights & previously Campaigns Director at AIUK) on the Human Rights Act
- Pupils at Priory School, Lewes, talking about their involvement in Amnesty's campaign for justice for former Guantanamo detainee Shaker Aamer & short film
- David Webbe-Wood on Nominations Committee and positions it hopes to fill
- Workshops. Choose one of three:
o My Body My Rights – Maggie Hamilton and Marilyn Jarrett (AI Trainers)
o Media relations – Richard Woodman (new South East Regional Media Support Officer)
o Death Penalty campaign – Philip Strudwick (AI Trainer).
- Kate Allen (Director of AUIK) & Ruth Breddal (Board Member) on international issues of Amnesty International.
Entrance is free, but donations welcome to cover cost of refreshments. Please bring your own sandwiches or go to one of many nearby cafes, but remember that there is only one hour available for lunch.
Please inform us if you have any special needs, including dietary.
Date: Saturday 20 February 2016
Time: 1000 - 1600 (Registration from 09:30)
Venue: Lewes Town Hall, High Street, Lewes, BN7 2QS
Contact: Philip Strudwick (SE Regional Rep) if you would like to attend: 01483 503876 or firstname.lastname@example.org