Child protection policy
We safeguard children and young people
We will take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Our staff, volunteers, members and activists will work together to develop an environment that embraces differences and diversity, and respects the rights of children, young people and adults at our events, meetings and gatherings, in our print and digital publications, and all our other manifestations.
- Ensure the welfare of the child or young person is promoted
- Ensure all children and young people - regardless of age, disability, gender, racial origin, religious belief and sexual identity - are protected from abuse to the utmost of our capability
- Comply with current statutory requirements and guidance on the protection of children
- Ensure there is no room in Amnesty for those who seek to abuse children and young people
- Provide a process to support a child or young person who chooses to disclose abuse to staff or volunteers
- Ensure the safety of children on Amnesty premises
- Promote best practice for safeguarding children in recruitment processes and practices
- Ensure all staff and volunteers understand their responsibility to work to the standards and procedures detailed in Amnesty's Code of Safe Conduct, and the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures
- Ensure our meetings, environments and materials are suitable for children and young people; that they are supported, welcomed and respected and that they have the opportunity to withdraw if they wish
- Appoint a Designated Child Protection Officer and a Deputy Designated Child Protection Officer to support staff and volunteers and ensure the policy and procedures are implemented
Get in touch
Phone: 020 7033 1500