Guyana, atrocities, protest.
Please read the following which was sent to me by a colleague. It concerns a protest planned for next Tuesday in London.
JOINT DEMONSTRATION AGAINST
HUMAN RIGHTS ATROCITIES IN GUYANA
PARTICIPATION FROM GUYANESE IN UK, CANADA, USA & GUYANA HELD RESPECTIVELY AT:
· Guyana High Commission, 3 PalaceCourt, London W2 4LP
· Guyana Consulate, 505 Consumers Road– Suite 206, Toronto, Ontario, Canada – M2J 4V8
· Guyana Consulate, New York – 370 7thAvenue, 4th Floor Seven Penn Plaza
· Guyana, Georgetown (meeting placeTBC)
TUESDAY 5THOCTOBER 2010
3.00PM (LOCAL TIME) TO LAST 1 HOUR
Ou rdemonstration aims to expose the persistent acts of human rights violations and extra-judicial killings being perpetrated by security services in Guyana under the PPP regime.
We want to bring these crimes to international attention so they can be independently/fairly investigated and perpetrators brought to trial.
It is well-known to all Guyanese that the GPF and GDF have carried out countless actsof violence, torture and killings against mostly African males under the PPPdictatorship.
THIS MUST STOP NOW
· STOP the TORTURE OF ANYONE in Police Custody
· STOP the GUNFIRE exchanges resulting in DEATHS of innocent civilians without AN Yinquiry against security services responsible
· STOP the EXCESSIVE use of force by security services
· STOP the ‘criminalizing of social protests’
· STOP racial discrimination against African Guyanese
Thanks for your time.
Our blogs are written by Amnesty International staff, volunteers and other interested individuals, to encourage debate around human rights issues. They do not necessarily represent the views of Amnesty International.