Victims under the totalitarian power in China
One of the most brutal genocide in human history has been created after 1949 in Mainland China. At least fifty millions people died from execution, hunger and torture, compared with the total figure for military and civilian death: 56,125,262 in the world and 11,324,000 in China separately during the Second World War.
The following records are only the tip of the iceberg of victims
- the death list in in the Anti-Rightist Campaign Please note this is Chinese website
- Chinese Holocaust Memorial in the Cultural Revolution
- Lists of Known Victims during Beijing Massacre in 1989
Prisoners of conscience in Mainland China
- Prisoners of Conscience, Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movements of ChinaPlease note this is Chinese website
- Contact Addresses of Political Prisoners and Prisoners of Conscience in China, Collected by Silicon Valley for Democracy in China
- Writers in Prison (China), Collected by Independent Chinese PEN Center
- Prisoners of Conscience in China, Collected by Laogai Research Foundation Please note this is Chinese website
- Prisoners of Religious Consciencefor the Underground Roman Catholic Church in China
Our blogs are written by Amnesty International staff, volunteers and other interested individuals, to encourage debate around human rights issues. They do not necessarily represent the views of Amnesty International.