Virgin Money London Marathon 2018
Run one of the world's most-loved and best-known marathons for human rights.
Date: 22 April 2018
Distance: 26.2 miles
Minimum fundraising target: £2,000
Registration fee: £100
Minimum age: 18
Fitness requirements: Running a marathon takes a lot of dedicated training! You need to be reasonably fit before you begin.
Run the Virgin Money London Marathon 2018 for human rights
It's the ultimate marathon in the international circuit. Every year, tens of thousands of runners pound the streets of London in Spring, cheered on by huge crowds as the race is broadcast live around the world.
This is your chance to take part in one of the world's most iconic runs and support human rights every step of the way.
How to join our team
If you manage to secure a ballot place in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2018, we’d love to have you on our team. You’ll receive the same level of support from us and you can set your own fundraising target.
Sadly, we have no more places available. We only have a limited number of places and each year we receive many more applications than we have places. Please submit an application and you will be contacted if a place becomes available.
How we'll support you
Whether you run on one of our prized charity places or are successful in the ballot, we’ll support you every step of the way. Join Team Amnesty and you’ll get:
- Fundraising pack with tons ideas to help you reach your target
- Team Amnesty running vest, which you can add your name to
- Amnesty materials on request
- Access to a private Team Amnesty Facebook group to share tips with your fellow team mates
- Regular newsletters
- Support from the Amnesty events team (who are runners and cyclists themselves!)
- Dedicated member of staff for one-to-one support
- Cheerers to support you on the day
- Team Amnesty marathon reception with lunch and a sports massage.
We know the commitment that running a marathon entails and will do everything we can to help you fulfil this incredible challenge. Amnesty couldn't exist without people like you, supporting others around the world denied their human rights.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Jackie Pickersgill in the Community Fundraising team.
Phone: 020 7033 1651