Vince Cable's grandson on longlist for Amnesty award
United Kingdom’s top young journalists and photographers named
Amnesty International today unveiled the top ten in each of the categories for its Young Human Rights Reporter competition.
- Upper primary journalism: Amelia Cliff (BBG Academy, Bradford); Alice De Abaitua (London Field Primary School, London); Miranda Gibbon (Merryhills Primary School, Enfield); Ediz Korusoy (Osideg Primary School, London); Rianne Taha (St Cedds Primary School, Chelmsford); Matthew Johnson and Bryony Smith (Gorseland Primary School, Ipswich); and Clement Marshall, Lilianna Newsam-Smith and Alisa Robb (Rhodes Avenue Primary School, London)
- Lower secondary journalism: Lir Afiq (Chinthurst School, Tadworth); Anna-Beth Brogan (Oxford High School); Harry Brown (Yarm School, Stockton-on-Tees); Connor Brown (Dolphin School, Hurst, near Reading); Victoria Coleman (Mayfield Grammar School, Gravesend); Ciara Maxwell (Notting Hill Prep School, London); Jack O’Dwyer-Henry (Methodist College, Belfast); Bethany Patrick (Forge Valley Community School, Sheffield); and Gabriella Emery and Ashta Ndombele (Bishop Thomas Grant School, Streatham).
- Upper secondary journalism: Genevieve Brown (Inverurie Academy, Inverurie); Chloe Crowl (Penglais Comprehensive School, Aberstwyth); Sean Kemsley (Marling School, Stroud); Kelsea Utting (The Dormston, Sedgley); Ellie Williams (Knutsford Academy, Knutsford); Jessamine Rosales (The Sholing Technology College, Southampton); Zaahidur Rahman (Cranbrook School, Ilford); India Moore (Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington); and Ebrubaoghene Abel-Unokan and James Sheridan (Wilson’s School, Wallington, Surrey).
- Sixth form journalism: Amy Barr (Coloma Convent Girls’ School, Croydon); Julia Cushion (Lewis Girls’ School. Hengoed, Wales); Saphia Haffejee (Tolworth Girls’ School, Surbiton, Surrey); Charlie Blake (Bancroft’s School, Ilford); Louise Wylie (Knightswood School); Harriette Casey (Colchester Sixth Form College); Elizabeth Shorland (Kendrick School, Reading); Georgia Musson (Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge); Alena Sadiq (Woldingham School, Surrey); and Holly Gomez (Woodfarm High School, East Renfrewshire, Scotland).
- Upper primary and lower secondary photojournalism: Lewis Wooltorton (Therfield School, Leatherhead, Surrey); Ashlea Davies, Rebecca Williams, Chloe Rowlands and Luka Philip (Wirral Grammar School for Girls); Alexandra Ingram (Orchard Park, Laugharne, Wales); Eve Wilson (Ysgol Lacharn, Wales); Sharanya Roy (Knaphill Junior School, Knaphill, Surrey); Ayrton Cable (Hampton Court House, Surrey); Nicole McPeake (Waldegrave School, Twickenham, Middlesex).
- Upper secondary and sixth form photojournalism: Isabel Watkins (Royal School, Haslemere, Surrey); Nancy Cofie, Rebekah Williams, Stephanie Piedra (The Charter School, London); Shannon Goody (Lagan College, Belfast); Chloe Horsfield and Holly Bairstow (Benton Park, Rawdon, Yorkshire); Anna Williams (The Henley College, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire); Sinew Kilinic (Waldegrave School, Twickenham, London); Emma Farrell (Highworth Warneford School, Swindon).