UK: Amnesty's human rights gift catalogue launched for Christmas
The 24-page illustrated catalogue contains a wide range of high-quality goods â€“ including:
- fair trade footballs and rugby balls from Pakistan
- fair trade wooden toys from India
- a traditional African thumb piano (â€˜marimbaâ€™)
- organic linen bedding
- 100% wool Ponchos made in Nepal
- a wind-up solar-powered â€˜travellerâ€™sâ€™ radio
- Indian incense boxes
- essential oil body scrub with crystallised Himalayan mountain salt
- an array of Amnesty candles, cards, CDs and DVDs, books, diaries, calendars and notepads
- t-shirts, jewellery, glassware, and household and travel accessories
All items in the Amnesty International Catalogue 2005 are ethically sourced and many are branded Amnesty International goods.
Amnesty International UK Director Kate Allen said:
"Not only is the Amnesty International catalogue packed with fantastic high-quality goods that make ideal gifts, but the proceeds will help support vital human rights work.
"Buying a gift this Christmas from the Amnesty catalogue means youâ€™re also helping to support human rights."
All goods in the catalogue are available to purchase online 24 hours a day at www.amnestyshop.org.uk , as well as from a dedicated telephone order line (8.00am-8.00pm: Monday-Friday; 9.00am-4.00pm Saturday-Sunday).
Some of the goods are also available from Amnesty Internationalâ€™s network of book shops.