UK: Amnesty's annual gift catalogue released in time for Christmas
Amnesty International’s annual gift catalogue has been released, featuring high-quality products that are fun, fair trade and ethically-sourced.
The 64-page Amnesty Shop catalogue offers a range of unique and eye-catching seasonal gift suggestions such as Amnesty branded t-shirts, as well books, prints, jewellery, calendars, cards and toys.
Some of the more unusual gifts include bamboo toothbrushes, compostable leaf plates, handmade tree seed ornaments from Zimbabwe, and a jotter made from elephant dung in Bali.
Many items featured in the catalogue are from sustainable, eco-friendly manufacturers to ensure purchases will not only benefit the people who make them, but also support the environment and the vital human rights work that Amnesty does.
A large number are also from small suppliers who support their local communities by providing people with marketable skills and a fair wage.
This year, Amnesty is also introducing the Global Farmers’ Market, which links customers directly with farmers to support action on the climate crisis and promote environmental human rights.
Kate Allen, Director of Amnesty UK, said:
“The products featured in Amnesty gift guide provide much-needed support to the local communities who make them.
“All of the products are ethically-sourced, led by fair trade and environmental principles. Buying a gift from this year’s Amnesty catalogue means you’re also helping to support our human rights work.
“At Amnesty, we campaign for essential human rights. We fight for freedom, justice and equality. By shopping with us, you’re showing you care about these issues too.”
Some of the highlights from the catalogue this year include:
- Olafur Eliasson Little Sun Solar Light: perfect for educating and encouraging sustainable living. Every purchase helps Little Sun bring solar power to communities in sub-saharan Africa.
- Pack of four bamboo toothbrushes: completely natural and recyclable, these brushes are sustainable, animal-friendly and suitable for vegans.
- Feminist Cross-Stitch by Stephanie Rohr: this spirited book offers 40 hip and feminist-themed cross-stitch patterns that make bold statements. Perfect for beginners and experts alike.
- Elepoo Jotter Pad: a rainbow-coloured jotter pad made in Bali from elephant dung.
- Reusable Glass Water Bottle: a stylish and sustainable hand-blown glass bottle with durable silicone sleeve and bamboo lid.
- Frida Kahlo cat and bird cushion: this eye-catching cushion is embroidered in 12 vivid colours and is a popular product every year.
- Zaytoun Collection: a selection of delicious food products from Palestine, including medjoul dates, almonds and olive oil.
- Stag Bamboo socks in a bag: a stylish bamboo and organic cotton blend, these socks are breathable and naturally antibacterial.
- Amnesty boxer shorts: a pack of three black keyhole boxer shorts, made from organic cotton and featuring iconic Amnesty International candles on the waistband.
- Global Farmers' Market: a new partnership to supply ethically-grown organic produce direct from farmers straight to your doorstep.
Products can be purchased online, by phone or by post. Free packaging and posting is available on all orders over £75.
For more information, please visit: https://amnestyshop.org.uk/