Northern Ireland entries invited for annual media awards
Amnesty International UK is inviting entries for its 22nd annual Media Awards 2013, a prestigious set of awards which recognise excellence in journalism that has put a spotlight on injustice and made a significant contribution to the UK public’s greater awareness and understanding of human rights issues.
- Nations & Regions: print or broadcast entries from Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the English regions (see contact details below)
- Digital Innovation: for innovation in digital news delivery
- Television News: includes footage hosted online
- Documentary: includes programmes given a UK theatrical screening
- Radio: includes podcasts
- International TV & Radio: for content seen or heard on a channel that has a broadcast platform in the UK and is available internationally
- National Newspapers: for one article or a series of up to three
- Magazines (two awards): for content published in a consumer magazine or magazine-style weekly or monthly newspaper supplement
- Photojournalism: for pictures published or publicly exhibited in the UK
- Gaby Rado Memorial Award: for an up-and-coming journalist who has covered national or international human rights stories in broadcast, online or print media for less than five years.