Organising an event is a great way to raise money and spread the word about human rights.
From huge concerts and theatre performances to cake stalls, pub quizzes and garden parties, our supporters do it all.
Here we have everything you need to make your event run smoothly. Please read this page and if you have any questions you can contact us via email@example.com
- Event planning tips
- How we can help
- Event planning resources
- Request help
- Sending in the money you've raised
- Keep it simple. Raffles and collecting tins at an event can make a big difference to the amount of money raised
- Ensure that everyone involved in organising the event has a clearly defined role, and a deadline
- Keep costs as low as you can. Draw up a simple budget and stick to it
- Make posters and fliers, email and text friends and tell your local media
- Say thank you to everyone who helped and tell them how much you raised
- Make sure you fundraise safely and legally
- Choose the date carefully, giving yourself enough time to organise your event
- Avoid competing with other local or national events
- Be realistic about the time you can put in
- Think about holding your event on a significant date this helps with media interest
- Produce an event plan; give everyone involved a copy with names, dates and agreed responsibilities
- Draw up a budget and keep records of expenditure
- Get local businesses involved in sponsorship, prizes, loan of equipment or premises. Choose carefully and keep ethical matters in mind
- Select a suitable venue and book well in advance.
- Make sure that venue staff know what your event is; ask if the venue can help you at all
- Confirm your reservation nearer the time
- Make sure your venue has the required license and insurance
The level of support we are able to provide depends on the scale of your event. The Community Fundraising Team deals with smaller community based events and sponsored events.
We can provide lots of resources and fundraising materials such as collecting tins and help sheets. See the Event planning resources section below.
We cannot guarantee, but will try to help whenever we can with:
- Permission to use our logo (restrictions apply)
- A letter of authorisation (to help you find a free/cheap venue, for example)
- Support with publicity
- Adding your event to our events listings
- Organising a speaker for the event
- Recruiting volunteers to help on the day
We are sorry but we are unable to:
- provide financial support or get sponsorship
- sell tickets
- get celebrities to attend or perform (please let us know before contacting celebrities yourself)
- Fundraising guide booklet
- Fundraising materials such as collecting tins, posters and balloons
- Fundraising safely legal and safety tips
- Planning a raffle help sheet
- Planning a quiz night help sheet
- Organising a collection help sheet
- Organising a sponsored event help sheet
If you would like our help with your event please fill out the form below.
We are a small team and cannot provide support for every event, so please provide as much notice and detail as possible when filling out the form below.
Once we have your answers, we can assess your event plan and, if it seems feasible, issue a letter of agreement outlining the level of support we are able to provide.
Please note that at peak times of the year when there are lots of events on (during summer festival time, for example) it can be more difficult for us to provide additional support. The more notice you can give us the better the chance that we can help.
If you would prefer to send this information to us by post please download the event support assessment form at the bottom of the page.
Pay your donations in online
Alternatively send them via cheque or postal order to our Supporter Care Team in our London office:
Amnesty International UK
The Human Rights Action Centre
17-25 New Inn Yard
London EC2A 3EA
Phone: 020 7033 1777
Fax: 020 7033 1503
Textphone: 020 7033 1664
Remember to include your name and address and tell us how you raised the money.
We love hearing about your events. Email us feedback and any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org