Amnesty International UK Colleague Benefits
Every day, over 500 of our colleagues and volunteers strive to protect justice, promote truth and prevent abuse. Join them and you’ll be part of a global movement for human rights.
- 27 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), increasing to 29 days on five years service (prorated for part time)
- Three wellbeing days annually
- Two days religion or belief leave annually
Discretionary leave day(s) between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working, where feasible, and supportive of compressed work patterns and job shares
- Most roles offer hybrid working between home and office (more details)
- Full-time is 35 hours per week
- Compassionate leave
- Free confidential counselling
- Career break after two years service
- Occupational sick pay
- In addition to statutory entitlements, we offer enhanced family leave pay for qualifying colleagues:
- Six months maternity, primary carer and adoption leave at full pay
- 26 weeks Shared Parental Leave at full pay (less any weeks of maternity or adoption pay taken by partner)
- Three weeks paternity and co-carer leave at full pay
- To qualify, 26 weeks service at the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth or 26 weeks before the date of being notified of match with the adoptive child
- Emergency leave for care of dependents
- Flexible working
Generous employer pension contributions:
- 2% employee contribution receives a 6% employer contribution
- 3% employee contribution receives a 7% employer contribution
- 4% employee contribution receives an 8% employer contribution
- 5% or above employee contribution receives the maximum 9% employer contribution
- Colleague networks, such as LGBT+, BAME, disability and Women and Non-Binary groups
- Lunch & learn events
- Active and supportive Union – all colleagues encouraged to join
- History month celebrations
- Colleague socials and get togethers
Lump sum life assurance benefit equal to four times current annual salary in the event of death in service. This is paid to nominees of the colleague’s choice in the event of their death.
Season ticket, computer, and bicycle loans.
Possible approval for further education contribution, loan and study leave for relevant courses.