About this group
Welcome to the Amnesty International Guildford Group, founded in 1963.
Here you will find details and news of our current and past campaigns, monthly meetings and other events.
Our meetings are at 7.30 pm on the second Monday of each month (except August) at St.Nicolas Church Rooms, Bury Street, Guildford, GU2 4AW.
- Monthly Meetings Usually with a speaker on a topical subject or campaign theme, followed by a group business meeting. Please see above for details of times and location.
- Conferences Representatives of Guildford Group attend AI's South East Regional Conference in January each year, and the National Conference in March/April.
- Street Stalls and Street Collections On Guildford High Street.
- Special Events To mark in particular International Womens Day (March 8), Refugee Week (June), the Guildford Book Festival (late October), and Human Rights Day (December 10). Recent events have included talks, films, play readings and concerts.
- Letter-Writing Sessions 11.30 am to 1pm, last Saturday of each month (except August and December), in the café-bar of the Electric Theatre, Guildford. We write letters to governments across the world, pressing for fair trials and the release of prisoners of conscience.
- Greetings Card Event A social evening in December at which the public and a range of local personalities are invited to join us to sign greetings cards to political prisoners across the world.
- Other Groups Cooperation with other local groups involved with human rights, and with neighbouring AI groups.
Our current campaigns:
Join our Facebook group for more updates
If you would like to register with Amnesty International, please do so via the main website
Click here to donate