Virgin Money London Marathon 2022
Run one of the world's most-loved and best-known marathons for human rights.
Date: Sunday, 2 October 2022
Distance: 26.2 miles
Minimum fundraising target: £2000
Registration fee: £100
Minimum age: 18
Fitness requirements: All fitness levels but commitment to a suitable training plan is essential.
Run the Virgin Money London Marathon 2022 for human rights
It’s the ultimate marathon in the international circuit. Tens of thousands of runners will pound the streets of London, cheered on by crowds as the race is broadcast live around the world. This is your chance to take part in one of the world's most iconic runs and support human rights every step of the way.
How to join our team
Apply for a charity place with Team Amnesty and we’ll let you know as soon as we can if you’ve secured a spot. Please note that due to the cancellation of the 2020 event, a number of charity entries are currently allocated to deferred runners so places are more limited than usual.
If you manage to secure a ballot place in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2022, we’d love to have you on our team. You’ll receive the same level of support from us as our charity place runners and you can set your own fundraising target.
How we'll support you
Whether you join Team Amnesty on one of our prized charity places or are successful in the ballot, we’ll provide all the support you need to reach the finish line, including:
- Fundraising pack with tons ideas to help you reach your target
- Team Amnesty running vest, which you can add your name to
- Amnesty materials on request
- Access to a private Team Amnesty virtual group to share tips with your fellow team-mates
- Regular email updates
- Support from the Team Amnesty events team (who are runners and cyclists themselves!)
- Dedicated member of staff for one-to-one support
- Cheerers to support you on the day (COVID restrictions permitting)
- Team Amnesty marathon reception with lunch and a sports massage (COVID restrictions permitting).
We know the commitment that running a marathon entails and will do everything we can to help you fulfil this incredible challenge. Amnesty International UK couldn't exist without people like you, supporting others around the world denied their human rights.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the Community and Events Fundraising team.