Resource pack: Right To A Fair Trial
Download this powerful resource focusing on the right to a fair trial in the topical context of Guantánamo Bay.
- Film: Justice For Dad (2007): A film following two families whose loved ones are being held without charge in Guantánamo and denied their human right to a fair trial. Months after the film was made British residents Jamil El-Banna and Omar Deghayes were released without charge and returned home to the UK. Download or view the film at http://vimeo.com/8735508
- Lesson plan and worksheets: Introduce the right to a fair trial, then encourage students to consider the case for and against Guantánamo and form their own opinion.
- 'What is a fair trial?' lesson: Investigate the characteristics of a fair trial as outlined in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and can also be used as a standalone lesson.
- Before planning this lesson: Please read Jan 2010 updates (pdf) and Amnesty's latest updates on the Guantanamo campaign.
- The Guantanamo activity will run until December 2013. Please post to Education Team, Amnesty International UK, The Human Rights Action Centre, 17 - 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA