Media Team Volunteer
- Human Rights Action Centre, London EC2A 3EA
- Hours per week
- Two or three days per week (based in London office)
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, lunch and travel expenses only
- Closing date
- Monday 29 October 2018 at 12:00
- Interview date
- 8 November 2018
- Contact email
We are looking for someone to join and support the AIUK's Media team.
About the role
The Media Unit deals with all media enquiries, and supports and promotes Amnesty International UK’s campaigns and growth targets. To help achieve this, Amnesty’s Media Team has identified two areas it is looking to strengthen: regional media and monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with the community fundraising team and regional teams to identify potential media stories and help produce draft press releases
- Assist the Media and PR Manager (Features, events and regional), to produce a media newsletter for key activists
- Work with the Media and PR Manager (Features, events and regional) to help promote and develop Amnesty’s regional media training programme
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Help support the Head of Media, PR and Supporter Communications to produce a rolling media calendar
- Help maintain the database of briefings and interview templates
- Help run and produce Google analytic reports on Amnesty’s press pages and produce a quarterly report
- Help run and produce a Twitter report on Amnesty’s media team Twitter account using Spinklr
- Help maintain Amnesty’s database of journalists
To help with the above tasks we would be looking for someone with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel database management skills
- High standard of written English
- Good telephone manner
Experience of working in the media environment is desirable but not essential
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. Our supporters are outraged by human rights abuses but inspired by hope for a better world - so we work to improve human rights through campaigning and international solidarity. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
Apply for this role
Please read the task form at the bottom of this page, and complete the application form below if interested.
Email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday 29 October 2018.