Hammersmith Book Shop Volunteer
- 181 King St, Hammersmith, London W6 9JT
- Hours per week
- Minimum 4 hours per week
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, travel expenses only.
- Closing date
- Friday 31 May 2019 at 12:00
- Interview date
- Contact email
Books for Amnesty is a small chain of well-stocked second-hand bookshops. We are located in Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Great Malvern, Newcastle, London (Hammersmith and Kentish Town in spring 2019) and York. Through the sale of donated books we raise money for Amnesty International’s human rights work as well as raise awareness of Amnesty’s work and campaigns. We also sell higher value books on the Internet through Amazon and Abebooks, an online marketplace for books
Main responsibilities include:
- Selling books
- Answering customer queries about stock and Amnesty International
- Till work
- Stock management – sorting and pricing and researching the value of books.
- Display and presentation within the shop
- Marketing the shop e.g. advertisement and promotions.
You should be able to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours per week, for a minimum of
- Customer focus
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Interest in books
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to Amnesty’s work.
We are particularly looking for people with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Book selling/book trade
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, email)
- Office management
Apply for this role
Please read the task form at the bottom of this page, and complete the application form also below, if interested.
Email completed application forms to email@example.com before midday on 31 May 2019.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.