Facilities & Post room Volunteer
- Human Rights Action Centre, London EC2A 3EA
- Hours per week
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, lunch and travel expenses only
- Closing date
- Friday 28 September 2018 at 12:00
- Interview date
- Monday 8 October 2018
- Contact email
This volunteer role is part of the Facilities and IT team of Amnesty International UK, which gives logistical support to staff and ensures the safe and supplied running of the office. The post room volunteer will be responsible for all outgoing and internal mail.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to provide general assistance to the team mainly by collecting, sorting and franking all outgoing mail. This is a crucial part of Amnesty’s work, on which lots of campaigns and important communications depend. The volunteer will also distribute internal mail and may be involved in assisting the Facilities and IT team in other administrative duties.
The position will enable you to get a general understanding of the work and organisation of AIUK, and will enable you to interact with staff members from a variety of teams. Other duties will vary, and may include administrative tasks, selling items on E-bay, support on projects or helping with supplies around the office. This position would suit a person with a cheerful disposition looking for work experience and eager to meet new people, and ready to undertake some repetitive and manual tasks.
- Basic English (spoken and written)
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Willingness to undertake routine work
- Good team player
- A commitment to Amnesty International’s vision
- A good understanding of Equal opportunities
- Experience of working in a post room desirable
- Experience of selling items on E-bay desirable
Apply for this role
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form also below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Friday 28 September 2018. Interviews will take place on Monday 8 October 2018.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.