Events & Artist Liaison Volunteer
- Human Rights Action Centre, London, EC2A 3EA
- Hours per week
- 2-3 days per week
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, travel expenses only
- Closing date
- Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 12:00
- Interview date
- 08 May 2018
- Contact email
The Events & Artist Liaison team promotes Amnesty’s messages to the wider world. It is the voice of Amnesty and works in conjunction with the other teams within the department to highlight human rights in every communication arena. Key areas of work include Events, Artist Relations, Human Rights Education and Community Organising.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Events & Artist Liaison unit who are responsible for devising and implementing a series of defined annual events and managing all artist relations ensuring their cultivation and advocacy.
We are seeking volunteers to assist the team with their daily work and to help support the research and administration of various projects. The volunteers may provide general support across both events and artist relations or roles may be focussed on one of these areas specifically depending on unit capacity.
The focus of the work will be largely administrative but there will also be opportunities to assist with other project work within the overall team.
- Artist/celebrity involvement with charities (patrons and activities)
- Events which promote charities and drive audience engagement
- Background on artists including recent interviews (due diligence)
- Musicians/music/performing arts projects/ tour dates
- Artist/celebrity merchandise
- Online and print, looking at current trends in artist/celebrity endorsement, upcoming talent, coverage
- Global festivals
- Upcoming film releases around human rights themes
- New products / trends
- Updating artist & events info for the Amnesty intranet – sharing info cross organisationally
- Updating and maintaining artist communication and details on our internal database
- Data collection to measure impact of the team’s work & support the delivery of key evaluations.
- General meeting support – set up/ minute taking/ follow up
- Keeping team admin systems on track
- Booking accommodation & travel
On the ground:
- Support when running events, film shoots, interviews etc.
Ideally you will have:
- Good communication skills
- Confident with use of various Office based packages e.g. Windows, Word, Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative
- Interest in popular culture and knowledge of current media personalities, products and events
- General understanding of the aims and objectives of Amnesty International
- Prior experience in events and project based work
- Experience in working with high profile artists/celebrities
- Experience in managing data and databases
- Experience in the collation of data into effective presentations
- Confident and articulate in engaging with artists, media and everyday Amnesty supporters
* Working Days and Times
As a minimum we are looking for someone who is available for 2 days a week for a 3 month duration. We would like someone who could give 3 or more days, but this is not a condition for getting the role. Days of week and working hours are flexible if they are within office hours of 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday. Travel within the UK for events may be part of the role, but expenses will be covered.
Apply for this role
Please read the task form at the bottom of this page, and complete the application form below if interested.
Email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday on 25 April 2018.
Interview date 08 May 2018.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.