Country Coordinators - 5 Posts
- Home based, but with some travel to local groups and meetings across the UK
- Hours per week
- 5-7 hours average
- Salary details
- Voluntary – expenses paid
- Closing date
- Friday 25 May 2018 at 17:00
- Interview date
- Various available between June 4th and June 8th
- Contact email
We are looking to recruit 5 new volunteers Country Coordinators to join our thriving activist forum.
We are currently seeking excellent candidates to spearhead our activist-led campaigning in the following roles:
- Brazil (South America team)
- Balkans (excl. Romania) (Europe team)
- Belarus, Moldova & Ukraine (Former Soviet Union team)
- Malawi & Zimbabwe (Southern Africa team)
- China & Taiwan (China and East Asia team)
As part of our Country Coordinator forum, you will work in your regional team to involve activists from across the UK to deliver real human rights change.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in Amnesty International’s work. Country coordinators deliver campaigning on Amnesty UK’s portfolio of Individuals at Risk cases along with thematic projects and country campaigning relating to their geographical region.
Duties include managing relationships with staff at Amnesty UK and the appropriate International Secretariat (IS) country team (who are based across the world), reading reports and keeping apprised of current events and Amnesty work, briefing local groups and activists across the UK, and designing and delivering campaigns on your region.
A passionate advocate for human rights, you have a demonstrable commitment to the goals and objectives of Amnesty International. You are an excellent communicator with an eye for detail and a strong sense of responsibility.
While the Country Coordinator role requires independent activity, the role will be best suited to individuals who are keen to be part of developing our community of Country Coordinators.
More information can be found in the role descriptor document below.
Conditions of appointment
- You must be, or be willing to become, an individual member of Amnesty UK
- You must be available for induction and training on June 22nd and 23rd.
- Country Coordinator posts require a minimum 2 year commitment due to the complex nature of the role.
Apply for this role
Please apply online or, if you need assistance with your application, contact email@example.com
- Country Coordinator Role Descriptor