Community Fundraising Volunteer
- Human Rights Action Centre, London EC2A 3EA
- Hours per week
- 2-3 days per week
- Salary details
- Unpaid - voluntary role, travel and lunch expenses only
- Closing date
- Thursday 2 January 2020 at 12:00
- Interview date
- w/c 13/01/20
- Contact email
Volunteering with our Community and Events Fundraising team is a great chance to develop your administration and supporter relations skills whilst getting experience in the charity fundraising sector.
About the role
We're looking for a volunteer to support our Community and Events Fundraising Team to maintain a database of supporters who have approached Amnesty to raise money through community activities. This could be anything from someone who is taking part in a sponsored run or who wants to hold an AmnesTea for us. The role is for three days a week, for at least three months. There is also the opportunity to come to our larger participation events, such as the London Marathon, to support our Team Amnesty runners / cyclists.
Volunteers will get the chance to work closely on a project. There are several projects that we have coming up in the next few months including: assembling a team to take part in the London Marathon, building a relationship with RAG societies across the country and seeking fundraising relationships with small businesses. You will work with the team to help make these projects a success.
It's a great role to gain experience dealing with supporters as well as picking up events experience. Previous volunteers have gone on to work in the charity sector after helping our Community and Events Fundraising Team deliver our programme of fundraising activities.
Your tasks would include:
- Updating and maintaining a database with details of supporters’ fundraising activities
- Communicating with supporters to support and acknowledge their fundraising activities by telephone and in writing.
- Sending materials and mailings to supporters
- Undertaking research to support Community and Events Fundraising activities and team objectives
- Seeking partnership opportunities for in-kind support
- Supporting the development of a community fundraising project
You should have:
- A genuine interest in charity fundraising
- Database or data entry experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience communicating with a variety of stakeholders in a professional capacity via email and telephone
- Administrative experience with a high standard of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines.
Apply for this role
For more information about this role please read the task form below. If you are interested in applying please complete the application form also below and email to email@example.com by midday Thursday 2 January 2020. Interviews will take place on w/c 13/01.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.