SOUTHEND GROUP OCTOBER NEWSLETTER
Here's our October newsletter with notes of the meeting on 9th October, details of some letter-writing and information about two events:
- Exhibition of Posters and Leaflets in the foyer of the new Southend Forum from 20th to 25th October, 9:00am - 5:00pm. It features the Stop Torture Campaign and general material about AI.
- Write for Rights - our annual card and letter-writing event on Saturday 13th December at the Balmoral Centre in Salisbury Road, Westcliff-on-Sea SS0 7AU. Please try to come along, even if only for a short while, and send a couple of cards or letters to a prisoner or their family. We'll provide background notes, cards, envelopes, stamps and pens - plus a cup of tea or coffee and a mince pie.
The three letter actions are self explanatory in themselve, but if you want more details go to the AI UK website.
- October Newsletter
- Draft Letter about Torture at Nigerian Detention Cenre
- Letter to MEP asking him to support proposals to prohibit the sale of torture equipment
- Letter to MP asking for better support for Asylum Seekers
- Stop Torture Campaign Update October 2014