About this group
The Moray Amnesty International group
In 2009, the AI Moray group exists 30 years!!!
Come and celebrate with us during our ceilidh on Sat 26 Sept, 7pm in MiltonduffVillage Hall.
More info on the events page
AI promotes general awareness of human rights and opposes specific abuses ofhumanrights, such as:
- torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
- the use of death penalty by governments
- deliberate and arbitrary killings
- detaining prisoners of conscience
- detaining political prisoners without a fair trial
- taking hostages
- children taking part in armed conflicts
We also oppose the return of refugees to countries where they may be at riskof serious violations and abuses; as well as arms and security transfers to placeswhere they can contribute to human rights abuses.
Our specific activities include writing letters to British and foreign authoritiesregarding specific human rights cases; writing cards to victims of human rightsabuses and informing and lobbying our Member of Parliament on UK and internationallegislation and policies concerning human rights issues. We also organise localinformative and fundraising events.