WRITE FOR RIGHTS Stall Leamington Spa on 30th Nov 2019
Join us near the Pump Rooms in Leamington Spa on the morning of the 30th November 2019 from 0930-1400.
Your words have power
Sometimes a letter can change someone’s life. That’s the premise of Write for Rights, Amnesty’s global letter-writing campaign and the world’s biggest human rights event.
Every December, Amnesty supporters across the globe will write millions of letters for those whose basic human rights are being attacked. They are people like you, continuing a long tradition of writing letters to right some of the world’s biggest wrongs. And it’s not just letters – it could be petitions, emails, Tweets, Facebook posts, photos, postcards.
This year we’re throwing our might behind the children and young people who are firefighting some of the world’s biggest crises. Many have stepped in where adults have failed to lead, and are facing terrible danger as a result. Your words really can change their lives. Join us.
Today, we obtained:
- 77 signatures on the petition to President Duerte, Philippines asking him to help for communities hit by climate change
- 79 signatures on the petition to the Greek government asking for the charges against Sarah and Sean, who helped boat refugees, to be dropped.
- 34 petition cards signed for Yiliyasisiyang (Ughur Muslim), to be sent to the Chinese Ambassador in London
- 48 petition cards signed for Migrant Women subjected to abuse, to be sent to the Home Office
- 24 greetings cards to be sent to the victims, (or in Yiliya’s case, his wife)