June Meeting Summary
A number of items were discussed including the Control Arms campaign, events coming up this month and Burma.
- Arlene attended the great Banana shootout on 16th June, you can see a video of the event at http://bit.ly/KQ83Vw
- Behnaz has made a banner petition which was signed at the meeting, we will be inviting members of the public to sign it at the East Barnet festival stall, as well as at Palmers Green triangle on 29th June
- Group members in the Enfield Southgate constituency are meeting David Burrows tomorrow to discuss the ATT and persuade him to lobby David Cameron on this issue.
- Joy has drafted a letter for the local press raising awareness of the ATT negotiations.
- Arlene, Doreen & Francoise fed back to the group about an event they attended with Zarganar, our former prisoner of conscience.
- We have a new prisoner to campaign for Khun Kawrio (see here)
- “London says no to torture!” event on the 26th June, which is a big event organized by the London Guantanamo Campaign at Trafalgar Square from 6 – 8pm. Those going to this will meet at the National Gallery at 6pm.
- East Barnet Festival on for 6th & 7th July, in Oakhill Park. We have a stall and are still looking for volunteers.
- Letters were signed for Urgent Actions for Bahrain and also to Lord Coe relating to the Olympic sponsor Dow Chemical and its involvement in the Bhopal disaster.
- The website was discussed, any comments or ideas should be sent to Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting will be held at Southgate College on Thursday 19th July 7.30-9.45pm