About this group
Please feel a warm welcome to the Aylesbury Group of Amnesty International. We are one of many local groups that operate in the UK and contribute to Amnesty International's work to defend human rights around the world. We are a friendly and enthusiastic group of local folk, who:
* Raise local awareness concerning human rights
* Hold regular local meetings and informative discussions on these issues
* Meet socially for summer gatherings, autumn walks - occasional biscuits!
* Campaign with Urgent Actions, Letter Writing and Lobbying
* Provide information through the website on the Group and our activities
We meet on the last Wednesday of every month - except August and December (and during pandemics!) - in the Friends Meeting House, 9 Rickfords Hill, Aylesbury, HP20 2RT at 7.30pm, often inviting knowledgeable folk who inform and advise as to current Governmental and other thinking in the Human Rights field.
Also, we link frequently with The Human Rights Action Centre at 17-25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA, and have hosted a Regional Conference annually in January, in Aylesbury - although now we join with other groups at various venues.
Please do send an email via the 'Contact Box' for further information.