Elections for the Women's Action Network Committee 2018-2020
Our Women's Action Network Committee is expanding. It will now be made up of eight elected members, who each serve voluntarily for two consecutive years.
This year all 8 seats are up for election. This will take place on 9 December 2017 at the Thematic Networks Conference.
Conditions for nominees
Nominations are required to fill the eight seats. Candidates must be an individual Amnesty UK member and a member of the Women's Action Network at the time of the nomination.
How to stand for election
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on 1 December 2017.
The network committees are responsible for leading much of Amnesty UK's work in their areas, and manage many of our relationships with other individuals and organisations. This is a responsible post that we estimate will take between 5 and 8 hours a week (though this will be more sometimes and less at others).
Roles and responsibilities
- To be committed to the mission and aims of Amnesty International UK section (AIUK) or global movement where applicable, and to promoting and defending Women’s Human Rights.
- To be an active member of the Women’s Action Network committee and to attend all committee meetings (minimum of 4 meetings a year) and AIUK’s AGM, wherever possible.
- To seek to engage more activists and supporters of Amnesty in promoting and defending Women’s Human Rights and others and, where relevant, to develop their abilities in a variety of ways.
- To work collaboratively with other committee members and AIUK staff to deliver campaigns, communications and events to promote Women’s Human Rights, leading on one or more areas of this work as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of the Women’s Action Network’s annual plans and objectives and to the establishment of measurable targets.
- To comply with AIUK activist code of conduct.
- To comply with AIUK codes of practice wherever possible, unless otherwise stated.